Thursday, April 12, 2012

AHHH!!!

"But even on days when things are just right, 
he comes home from work(his room) and gives me a fright." 

Today was one of those day's. He got up from his bed and went to the TV. There was a note concerning one of his daughters reminding Mom to get something for her. He picked up the note after remarking negatively about the latest news story, saw the note, and then crumpled it up. Mom and I were so confused at what would make him act in such a way? We tried asking but he just "rumbled and grumbled at each little sound". We try so hard to understand, but on days like this we just turn to each other and laugh. Thats all we can do. It is on days like this that I re-read the "Living With a Bipolar Bear" poem. Here are a few lines that explain my Dad and how I feel perfectly:

"It isn't easy to live with a bear,
sometimes it seems it just isn't fair.
His sharp claws come out. He can't seem to smile.
Crawls back in his den, curls up in a pile.
My Dad needs a sign to make me beware,
like one at the zoo, "Don't Feed the Bear."
Perhaps then I'd know if this was they day
it would be best to just stay away."
... 
"Knowing the illness along with its name,
gives comfort to me, there's no one to blame.

As a side note: It is on days like this, that I pray to my loving and merciful Heavenly Father asking Him to not forget me when it comes to finding a good and emotionally stable husband. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment