Sunday, April 29, 2012

All or Nothing.

My father has recently been in the mood or All or Nothing. After my brother moved out for college my Dad took over his room and made it his study. Now that the school year is over my brother has returned for the summer. So, before he came home we asked my Dad to make some room for him in the bedroom. A couple of nights later the room was completely cleared out. Including the pictures on the walls were taken down. The books shelves were emptied and turned facing the wall so no one could use them. Later that day, I was sitting on the couch doing homework when my father came in and turned on the TV really loud. After about fifteen minutes of trying to read my textbook I asked my Dad to turn down the TV. He immediately got mad and told me I could leave the room if I wanted to my homework. So I decided just to deal with it. Ten minutes of pure commercials and loud TV later, when a show that I wanted to see was about to start, my dad goes to the TV and turns it off. I asked why he did that and he told me that I needed to do my homework. Then I asked, "then why did you not turn it off ten minutes before when the commercials were going?" He didn't reply.   Is there no compromise? lol

No comments:

Post a Comment