Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Hot Pads



So after a really long day of listening to Dad talk and demand that I do things for him, I decided to rebel. To get through this really long day, I have been laughingly shrugging off all the feelings and annoyance that comes with listening to Dad all day, so I was in a giggling mood when this happened. Anyway, at the end of the day, I was just at the end of my nice and patient string when Dad finds a hot pad in the living room and tells me to go put it away. So after handing me the hot pad, I immediately threw it onto the ground. Dad looks at me with this really confused face and then simply smiles. I then picked up the hot pad off the floor and put it away in the kitchen in fear of finding it in my bed later. While putting away the hot pad in the drawer, my dad comes in and continues to talk to me. Now completely at the end of my string I remove the hot pad that I had just put away and threw it again on the ground. My dad simply continued to talk. So, I pulled another one out and threw it on the ground also.  He continued to talk. So it was until most of the drawer full of hot pads was empty and the kitchen floor was spotted with them. When I was finished my dad simply is looking at me with a confused expression, silly grin and chuckling slightly. Then he walked away think that this was simply a game that I was playing for my own entertainment. I don't think he understood that I was rebelling against him and that I was frustrated with him. Next time I will work on trying to make it more obvious.

p.s. I cleaned up all the hot pads off the floor. Again, because I was afraid to find them in my bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahahah! In your bed!! You are brilliant, mainly because its SO true. Love you dearly!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete